Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Getting ready for 2012 with my Garmin 310XT

My parents got me a Garmin 310XT for Christmas. I was a little surprised, I had told them I wanted one, but I didn't really expect them to spoil there 44 year old boy with one. Got it out of the box and put it on charge. It programmed pretty easy, at least the watch part did. I was slightly overwhelmed by the garmin site. I have been using run keeper and it is very simple. I created some routes, but have not figured out if and how you get them into the actual watch.

I made my first run with the Garmin this morning. It was a good cold start for a six mile run. I got the watch turned on and picked up the satelites in about 15-20 seconds. I ran a route that I am very used to and all the distance marks fell in line with what I have been getting from run keeper. I had thought at first that the watch was a little big and that it might be heavy enough to notice. I was pleasantly surprised that it was very comfortable and you quickly forgot that it was there. I had the alarm set for vibrate at ome mile intervals and it seemed to work just fine. I am still using my I Phone for music and that is what I was using for Runkeeper. I am glad to be using the Garmin now because I am haping that this is the year that I will be able to run longer than the battery will stay up on the Runkeeper.

I am bumping my running to four days a week. I look forward to getting the bike back our soon.

Happy Running for 2012....

No comments:

Post a Comment