Wednesday, December 15, 2010

HALF way there....

Greetings...

It is now less than two weeks until Christmas and the real estate market is slowing down. I hope this is only temporary, but time will tell. I am not terribly busy at the moment so I am going to take this opportunity to talk about some things I do for fun in my life.

I took my daughter (who is five years old) Christmas shopping last night. It was supposed to be a trip to Wal-Mart to pick something out for her mother for Christmas. Five year old daughters don't keep secrets very well. Jordan (that's the daughter) picked out an I tunes gift card for her mother, but then decided she wanted one for herself. I guess if I had been smart I would have gotten her one, because when her mom was reading Jordan her bedtime story she told her mom how she wanted an I tunes gift card because we had gone to Wal-Mart and gotten her mom one for Christmas. Ok... lesson learned.

Now to the title of Half way there. I took up running about nine months ago. I am currently training to run a half marathon at the White Rock- Rock N Roll Marathon in March. I have some friends that I try and get together and run with at least once a week. I came up with the bright idea that we would try and run a length of 13.5 miles this past Sunday. A half marathon is 13.2 miles. I am happy to report that three of us started at 5:30 AM on Sunday morning and ran and ran and ran. I believe it was about 30 degrees outside and I think the wind was blowing about 30 miles an hour and while it was cold for a while the stars where very pretty and it is pretty quiet that early in morning. My current pace is an eleven minute mile so that gives me about 2:30 hours to reflect on life and try and solve a few problems. Notice that I said try, it never really seems to work but it is nice to reflect.

Until next time, do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do.

Gregg Saxon

No comments:

Post a Comment