Thursday, December 23, 2010

What will the new year bring?

If I or any one else for that matter, really new the answer to what the new year would bring, we would get rich. I am not going to pretend to know. I just hope I am still in business when it is all said and done and this recession is behind us. Really behind us. That recession that was supposed to be over in 2009, yet still looms large for many of us today.

I try not to talk politics with people most of the time, but I want to rant a little today. I am going to do this because I want to gripe about BOTH parties especially the Republican and Democrat leadership. I tend to be ultra conservative. I would prefer to get nothing that I did not work for. I wish the government would just get the hell out of my way and let me do my work.

As you might guess I was pretty happy with the election in November. It looked like my party was taking back control or at least going to inject what I consider to be some common sense back into Washington. I have not seen anything, so far, that looks like common sense is anywhere near Washington. Everything that I have seen on the news has shown that any of the bills that have passed are so full of pork and things that have nothing to do with the title of the bill, that they are of little benefit to ordinary Americans. I am not bashing any one side. BOTH parties are at fault.

I do think there are a few people in Washington that are trying to do a good job and some go by Democrat and some by Republican. I just think, for the most part, it does not matter who is in charge. Its the American people that are getting screwed. Pardon my French.

O well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment