Saturday, December 28, 2013

1/2 Iron Training- Week One-Second Time

Ok. I am doing week one of a 20 week program 3 times. Seems like the thing to do since this is Christmas and New Years in these weeks. I have done pretty good, I think, I have only missed one training day of each week.

I feel pretty strong. The workouts have generated a lot of muscle soreness (sign of growth right). It has been challenging, but the time commitment has not been to much. Not much more than what I would have spent running anyway.

We have 3 committed to this 1/2 Iron and working on a fourth. The mornings are cold and are great for the run and the afternoons have not been to bad for biking. I have to bike at the break of dawn tomorrow so I can get my 90 minute ride in before we go to my parents for the last of the Christmas get togethers for this year.

The swims are what scare me. I can't get my breathing right. Very little endurance. I do feel like I have made considerable improvement in the 2 weeks I have been at it. I am hoping the confidence will come.

Looking forward to the week of New Years and after that I am going hard with the training plan and try to get the diet right too.


No comments:

Post a Comment